[Gems-users] How to build a 64-core manycore system?

Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 17:55:26 +0800
From: "zhanglunkai" <zhanglunkai@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to build a 64-core manycore system?

Hello,

I am trying to use GEMS to build a 64-core manycore system running PARSEC benchmarks.

However, I am puzzled with the relationship between GEMS and SIMICS:

1>I cannot find a proper default system in SIMICS 3.0, and the most closed configuration might be Serengeti system which only supports a board with 4 cpus.

2>I can define g_NUM_PROCESSORS value in ruby.

I am currently doing this way to build the system: First, I install Solaris10&PARSEC on SIMICS in a 4-core Serengeti system. Then, I load Ruby and change the g_NUM_PROCESSORS to 64.

Is this the right way to do? Can anyone help me on this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lunkai