[Gems-users] Restriction on using certain processors for creating 'processor sets' in gems?

Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:24:23 -0600
From: Sarath Krishnan <krish091@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Restriction on using certain processors for creating 'processor sets' in gems?
Hi,

I am using gems 2.1.1 + simics 3.0.30 with a checkpoint for 4 processors and 1 thread per processor.

I am able to create 2 processor sets (using pset command) with 2 cores and then run separate threads in those.

However, not all of the 4 processors in my gems environment can be used for creating processor sets. Out of the  4 processors only processors sets created with processor cores #1 and #2 work successfully, while using processor #0 and #3 hangs the simulation.

Is there any such valid limitation in using these processors for creating 'processor sets' ?

Thanks,
Sarath