[Gems-users] opal trace collection -- exception

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 01:18:47 -0400
From: Miray Kas <miraykas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] opal trace collection -- exception
Hi all,

I am trying to collect traces from opal but I got stuck with an exception. It should be something minor but I dont know how to fix this.

The exception is this:

opening file ./mem-opal_trace-001
installing memory hierarchy
Exception error message: attribute timing_model in object cpu0_mem: Value does not match type definition: o|n
system: installMemoryHierarchy: phys_mem0: caught exception (#13).

When I look at the timing model, I get 0(null) value:

simics> phys_mem0->timing_model
0
I know that this checkpoint works with opal, ruby, opal+ruby but it gets stuck when I want to collect traces.

What should I change in my commands or checkpoints to be able to get traces?

Thanks,
Miray

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

set-memory-limit limit = 2000 swapdir=/afs/scotch.ece.cmu.edu/project/workload_images/specOMP_mkas
read-configuration phase_000
dstc-disable
istc-disable
instruction-profile-mode instruction-fetch-trace
load-module opal
opal0.init
opal0.trace-start opal_trace
opal0.take-trace 100000