[Gems-users] x86 patch on Gems 2.1 and Simics 3.0.31

Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 08:29:29 +0530 (IST)
From: Abhishek Moghe <abhishekmoghe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] x86 patch on Gems 2.1 and Simics 3.0.31
Hello,

I installed the x86 patch but I have been facing few problems when it comes to building Ruby.

I went through all the instructions but the instructions are for Simics 2.2.x

So, I changed the files like

/ruby/Makefile
common/ioutil/confio.c
..../gen-scripts.py

to account for the Simics 3.0.x version change

but I am not sure how to modify this file or what to do with this file

..../gen-xact-scripts.py

Because before installing the x86 patch, there was no such file present in the gen-scripts/ folder.

and this is the reason, I think, I am getting the following error

***no rule to make target  XactIsolationChecker.h

Can anybody please help me with this.

thank you