Re: [Gems-users] Error while running

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:20:56 -0600
From: Byn Choi <bynchoi1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error while running
SimicsProcessor keeps a table of active requests for which it has issued the corresponding CacheMsg/s down through Sequencer::makeRequest (). The entries in this table are cleared when the Sequencer calls back the SimicsProcessor upon completion of performing that memory request. There are some sanity checks done at that time in SimicsProcessor, one of which is making sure that the size of the block that the operation was actually performed matches the original request size.

The error message is saying that check has failed. If you have changed the SLICC code, I'd say you used the wrong Sequencer::writeCallback or Sequencer::readCallback (depending on the access type) upon completing the request. Those functions are heavily overloaded and some have function signatures that carry the size information explicitly while others don't. I think -1 is inserted internally by the functions that don't take the explicit size parameter.

A good place to start to debug this is what the message suggested, attach a debugger to the process when you hit get to that point and examine the chain of call stacks that lead to this assertion failure.

Byn