Re: [Gems-users] GCC compatibility

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 01:25:36 -0600
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] GCC compatibility
I use gcc 3.4 packages on Ubuntu 9.04, and have no problems.  We had to use an older repository to access the older g++ version, but it works fine once installed.  The extra c++ libraries can be installed concurrently with no real issues as well.

Of course, I think it would be great if GEMS used the newest version of g++, but I doubt any of the developers have the time to port the code over.

Phil