[Gems-users] Tarcking L2 access in L2directory-sm

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:20:43 -0600
From: Muhammad Shoaib <shoaibbinalt@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Tarcking L2 access in L2directory-sm

List,

I was just trying to catch all the accesses to L2, either from its L1 or from other processors. So is that right, if I insert a function 'cal_act_Time(in_msg.Address)' for all global requests in the following way???

in_port(requestNetwork_in, RequestMsg, GlobalRequestToL2Cache) {
    if (requestNetwork_in.isReady()) {
      peek(requestNetwork_in, RequestMsg) {
          cal_act_Time(in_msg.Address)........
where i am accessing L2cacheMemory[addr] in my defined function.

The problem with this is that when I use it in this way ..i get the following falied assertion

failed assertion 'loc != -1' at fn ENTRY& CacheMemory<ENTRY>::lookup(const Address&) [with ENTRY = L2Cache_Entry] in system/CacheMemory.h:502

I know that this assertion happens whenever the address is not in the cache...so does this mean i can not call my function here??

Shoaib