Re: [Gems-users] Trying to run multi-program

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:26:27 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Trying to run multi-program
>From man psrset:
The default processor set (0) always exists and may not be destroyed. All processes and processors at system init time start out in the system default processor set. For this reason processor 0 may never be removed from the default group. (Hence this feature is of no value on a single processor system.)

Hence, in order to have two bound processes, you need at least three processors. What you have probably done is inadvertently bound both processes to CPU 1.

Perhaps bind one and not the other?

Regards,
Dan