Re: [Gems-users] data transfer

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:32:07 -0400
From: Meng Zhang <mz28@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] data transfer
Thanks a lot!

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Meng Zhang <mz28@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry, I didn't find how to reply.

Then, is it possible for me to add a network for data? I think if the data network has no order, it should be correct to transfer them directly from cache to cache, right? Will this improve the performance of the protocol? Thanks!

There is no separate data network. All messages travel across a single physical network (though there are separate virtual networks for different message types). ...Greg

Meng Zhang wrote:
Hi! I have a question about the data transfer in the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol. I know the address network is totally ordered and the tool uses a hierarchical switch to mimic the snooping bus. But I didn't find how the data is transferred. Since the data network is not ordered, I guess it doesn't need to go though the hierarchical switch. However, I didn't find evidence in the code. Could someone tell me how the data network looks like? Thanks.
--
Regards,
Meng

--