Re: [Gems-users] data transfer

Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 09:16:57 -0400
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] data transfer
There is no separate data network.  All messages travel across a single physical network (though there are separate virtual networks for different message types).

...Greg

Meng Zhang wrote:
Hi! I have a question about the data transfer in the MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol. I know the address network is totally ordered and the tool uses a hierarchical switch to mimic the snooping bus. But I didn't find how the data is transferred. Since the data network is not ordered, I guess it doesn't need to go though the hierarchical switch. However, I didn't find evidence in the code. Could someone tell me how the data network looks like? Thanks.

--
Regards,
Meng