Re: [Gems-users] How to config memory system

Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 08:43:01 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] How to config memory system
1. The number of memory controllers is a function of the network topology. They appear in the topology as "Directory Memory" objects. This is true regardless of whether you happen to be using a 'CMP' or 'SMP' protocol.
2. Memory controllers are shared by all processors.
3. In GEMS, Memory Controller = Memory Channel.

Bonus extra response: Only protocols that end in _m actually use a realistic memory controller. All other protocols just assume memory has a fixed latency.

Regards,
Dan