Re: [Gems-users] Sharing in Last Level Cache

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:29:50 -0400
From: Polina Dudnik <pdudnik@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Sharing in Last Level Cache
You would probably have to start with the coherence protocol. Look at MESI_CMP_directory-L2cache.sm. There you can find blocks in shared state and figure out who the sharers are. However, the exact measure of sharing is not well defined and is not immediately measurable. You can certainly record all kinds of statistics, but I recommend before you do that, first figure out exactly how you intend to measure amount of data sharing.

Polina