[Gems-users] Regarding ruby load-caches

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:33:40 -0600
From: sparsh mittal ISU <sparsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Regarding ruby load-caches
Hello All
I wanted to ask regarding the following post of Mike Marty:

 load-caches will take a long time because it actually replays the contents
> of the caches as individual memory requests. The reason we do this is so
> that we can use the same warmup files for different cache sizes and
> configurations (it approximates well). After each load is completed, we
> clear the Ruby stats and continue the simulation.
>
> I'm not positive how big our standard cache warmup files are, but I've
> seen it take anywhere between 10-45 minutes to load the caches.

If we are only using cache warmup files for the same configuration, as we made checkpoint and cache file for, is there an alternative so that 10-45 minute time can be saved. Moreover, does anyone have any idea, how much inaccurate will the simulation be using these warm-up files? I would be thankful for the reply.
Thanks
Sparsh Mittal
ISU