[Gems-users] GARNET :Changing Flit & Buffer Size

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 08:29:41 -0500
From: kanchan damle <kanchan.damle@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] GARNET :Changing Flit & Buffer Size
Dear Gems Users,

I wanted to change the flit size and buffer size parameters, which I did in the rubyconfig.defaults file.
But, it looks like those values actually do not override the "predefined" values of flit_width and buffer size in Orion ( hardcoded to 128 and 4
respectively in SIM_port.h).

I wanted to make sure, I am understanding this correct,

1) so, the values actually never override the values in Garnet and Orion?
2) or it does for Garnet and not for Orion?

Also, which header files need to be included if I want to pass the parameters from rubydefault.config to Garnet and Orion?

Thank You,
Kanchan