[Gems-users] what is differnce between target machine and host machine...

Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:11:07 +0900
From: junghun lee <ijij41@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] what is differnce between target machine and host machine...

Hi

Now Im beginner about GEMS.. and I have some question.

To date, I have known that we can run GEMS/Simics on ubuntu at x86 machine and GEMS/Simics is only application for multiprocessor by C++ (of course, I have known GEMS is nice application)

So.. Why document related to GEMS say to real machine or target machine..???? Why physical machine is important ???

I think that to simulate a variety of multiprocessors , application related to GEM, and GEMS/Simics are only need for me. What my think is wrong??????

Could you explain me why I need to the kind of 8 UltraSPARC .. ???????? I think I only need to x86 machine  ;;;

I hope to receive your advice..