[Gems-users] PIN tool-> RUBY query

Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 22:14:31 -0400
From: "Ashwath Narasimhan" <nashwath@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] PIN tool-> RUBY query
Hi,
 I am Ashwath and I am a First year Masters student. I am trying to interface the PIN tool to the ruby simulator provided in the GEMS 2.1 release. Since SIMICS drives RUBY, I started off by looking at the SIMICS code. Not surprisingly I am lost.

I started with the MakeRequest() call in simicsprocessor.c and what I understand is that I might have to write a dummy file that mimics this functionality entirely. Has anyone done this before? Can you give me hints as to how I can go about doing this?

Thanks,
regards,
Ashwath