[Gems-users] What kind of state will be if the data is in IGS/IGM state and receives an INV message from dir?

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:19:22 -0400
From: "wei wang" <apollo.mobility@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] What kind of state will be if the data is in IGS/IGM state and receives an INV message from dir?

i spotted the following state transitions related to handling an INV message in MOESI_CMP_directory

transition({IGM, IGS}, Inv)
transition({I,NP}, Inv)
transition(S, Inv, I)

all the transitions will send an ACK message to global directory, which is simply ignored in the directory. While
I -> I, NP -> NP and S->I set the data in one of the stable state, IGM -> IGM and IGS ->IGS will leave data in a transient states. Is this right? should we set IGM and IGS to I as well? thanks.