Re: [Gems-users] instruction count

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:15:26 -0600
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] instruction count
The number of instructions reported by ruby is a delta between the initial instruction count and the final instruction count. The number of instructions reported by pstats is a total instruction count, staring at boot-time if I am not mistaken. Hence the discrepancy.

Zhang Yu wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Gems2.0 with Simics3.0.30. While I run the simulation with multiple cores, the statistics dumped by ruby seems to be unreasonable. For example, when I use "taskset" command to assign a single task to a certain processor, instruction_executed for all the processors are almost the same in the ruby statistics. However, if I use "pstats" command in simics, I can see obviously that the certain processor executed much more instructions than other processors. So, is there anything I can do to make the ruby stats seems more reasonable?

Thanks,
Yu