Re: [Gems-users] accessing memory values possible ?

Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:45:18 -0500
From: Greg Byrd <gbyrd@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] accessing memory values possible ?
You can access physical memory locations using the Simics API.

By default, cached data is not tracked in Ruby. There is an option to include data blocks in the cache and in cache messages, but my understanding is that code is stale and hasn't been maintained through the various releases. It's unlikely to work as is.

...Greg

srikant wrote:
Hello everyone

I have a question, if it is possible to access the cache blocks(values) and physical memory blocks (values at a particular address location) using gems as i need to do some sort of encryption and hashing operations.

thanks in advance
sri