[Gems-users] Bit-level analysis of the on-chip messages

Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:08:56 -0600
From: "Lide Duan" <leaderduan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Bit-level analysis of the on-chip messages
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there is any bit-level configuration/analysis of the messages traversing across the on-chip network in GEMS. I notice that, for the various on-chip messages, GEMS specifies the control message as 8 bytes and the data message as 64+8 bytes, but I need more detailed information about what these bytes/bits should be. I also notice that, for each protocol, there is a file that specifies the message structures used in this protocol, but it does not contain the bit length information.

Besides, I am also wondering when the next version GEMS that incorporates a detailed network model will be released. I am quite expecting it.

Thanks,
Lide