Re: [Gems-users] changes to commands.C

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:13:56 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] changes to commands.C
Two things to look at right away (aka mistakes I have made in the past)
1) Make sure DESTINATION=x matches the location from where you're running Simics 2) Disassemble your binary and make sure the compiler hasn't optimized the magic call out.

Regards,
Dan

Carole-Jean Wu wrote:
Hello,
I've made some changes to ruby/simics/commands.C, e.g. printf("magic_instruction_callback is called"); then I re-make ruby for MOSI_SMP_directory_1level. I've made sure this file is compiled. However, the changes I made to this file don't take effect e.g. nothing is printed, when a breakpoint is encountered, with ruby loaded.

Could someone tell me what I might be missing here?

Thanks,
Carole