[Gems-users] How to get back the prompt after the completion of execution of SPLASH benchmark in GEMS 2.0?

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:59:31 -0500
From: "Arnab Sinha" <sinha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] How to get back the prompt after the completion of execution of SPLASH benchmark in GEMS 2.0?

Hi,

I am trying to execute SPLASH benchmark FFT in GEMS 2.0 with MESI_CMP_filter_directory protocol. My problem is, I am not getting back the simics prompt automatically from the yellow window, after the execution of the benchmark is complete, although I have inserted the breakpoints in the benchmark and hence I am not getting the ruby dump-stats. I don’t know what is going wrong. I used the following script for the execution:

@sys.path.append("/u/sinha/GEMS2.0/gen-scripts")

@import mfacet

@from mfacet import *

@from microbench import *

@run_sim_command('read-configuration "proc-1-splash-sinha.conf"')

@run_sim_command('magic-break-enable')

@conf.con0.input = "cd splash/codes_LogTM/kernels/fft\n"

@conf.con0.input = "./FFT -m14 -p2 -n1024 -l5 -t\n"

@run_sim_command('magic-break-enable')

@run_sim_command('run-command-file ../run_scripts/setup_cpu_switch_time')

@run_sim_command('run-command-file ../run_scripts/setup_ruby_Xact.sh')

@run_sim_command('continue')

@setup_run_for_n_transactions(999999999, 1)

@conf.sim.cpu_switch_time = 1

@mfacet.console_commands(command_lines, "#")

@mfacet.run_sim_command('ruby0.dump-stats "fft_run.stats"')

quit

I had the magic breakpoints in the benchmark fft in the following code-snippet:

  MEMSYS_ON

  /* fire off P processes */

  for (i=1; i<P; i++) {

    CREATE(SlaveStart);