[Gems-users] Ruby magic instructions interference: Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback

Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 17:35:21 +0200
From: "Thomas De Schampheleire" <patrickdepinguin@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby magic instructions interference: Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback
Hi,

I am using Simics 2.2.19 and Ruby release 1.2.
I have added some magic instructions to the OpenSolaris kernel
(UltraSPARC architecture), which are handled by my own callback
function. This works as I expect.

However, when adding Ruby to the simulation, I get warnings on every
magic instruction:

cpu0 [ cycle 56876262505L ]: [ magic 1021 ] disp_getwork()
Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback(void*, void*,
integer_t) in simics/commands.C:158: val is 0
Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback(void*, void*,
integer_t) in simics/commands.C:158: val is 0
Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback(void*, void*,
integer_t) in simics/commands.C:159: Unexpected magic call
Warning: in fn void magic_instruction_callback(void*, void*,
integer_t) in simics/commands.C:159: Unexpected magic call

The first line is the line that is printed out by my own handler, and
the subsequent four lines seem to come from Ruby code.

Can I avoid having these warnings by using other numbers for my magic
instructions? (which range of magic instructions is used by Ruby?)
Can my magic instructions interfere with Ruby?
Can I possibly turn off these warnings?

Thank you,
Thomas