Re: [Gems-users] Barrier using Ruby.

Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:24:24 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Barrier using Ruby.
Just a guess, but it sounds like you might want to use magic instructions
to trigger the hardware barrier. The magic instructions would create a
special request to the cache controller.  See how the LogTM code uses
magic instructions to begin and commit a transaction.

Then the barrier functionality could be implemented in the SLICC cache
controllers.

--Mike