Re: [Gems-users] Low Level Architecture

Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:56:15 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Low Level Architecture
The code for the current interconnect is in $GEMS/ruby/network/simple

The existing interconnect model is at a higher level than you imply. There is no flit-level transmission. Each link uses a basic latency/bandwidth queuing model. The switch is not modeled in detail.

Future versions of GEMS may contain a more detailed interconnect model.

pana wrote:
Hi,

I use Gems/Ruby with the MOESI_CMP_NUCA protocol. I have 8 cpu on a single chip and a shared D-NUCA cache memory (tetris like clustered)

Where can i find in the code the low level features of the network components? I need for example to know which kind of links are used to connect the switches, (i.e. how many wire for every link) , the kind of switch the network is using, how the packet are managed on trasmission ( i.e. are they separated in flit? how many packet for trasmission?)

thanks a lot for your help

greetings
francesco