Re: [Gems-users] Difference between Opal and Simics Driver

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:08:38 -0500
From: "avadh patel" <apatel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Difference between Opal and Simics Driver
So if I am interested only in cache memory simulation, which doesn't
depend on the type of processor model then will it make difference if
I run Ruby without Opal or with Opal?

- Avadh

On 2/12/07, Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When running Ruby with Simics, you get an IPC of 1 (barring any stall time
from the memory system).  This approximates a simple, in-order core.

Opal approximates an out-of-order superscalar SPARC implementation.

--Mike