Re: [Gems-users] :Sequencer

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:46:12 -0400
From: niketa <niketa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] :Sequencer
Hi Mike.
My purpose of asking this question was to understand the network of GEMS.

I have another question. The network file has two vectors:

vector < vector <MessageBuffer *> > m_toNetQueues, m_fromNetQueues.
These are used by the network to interact with the nodes (L1, L2 and Directory/Memory). I saw that they are instantiated inside the SimpleNetwork() and a pointer to these is returned by getToNetQueue() and getFromNetQueue() in the network.

Now these pointers are called by the generated protocol file Chip.C in the generated folder.

I was guessing that the message buffers for the nodes will be instantiated in the ruby files and while instantiating the network, the pointers will be asked by the Switched.

Why is the design opposite ?

Thanks,
Niket.

I might just specify a network file where every controller connects to a
single internal node with the latency specified