Re: [Gems-users] Ruby problems with SMP system (simics enterprise x86/redhat)

Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:52:26 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Ruby problems with SMP system (simics enterprise x86/redhat)
Enterprise is an x86 machine. We recommend the Sarek or Abisko targets, which are SPARC machines.

James Wang wrote:
Hi DeXiang:
    The ruby memory module only works with SPARC
architecture, I think. So, what you want is to have a
Solaris SPARC image from simics then try to follow the
wiki.
Regards
James Wang
--- "WANG,DEXIANG" <camelwdx@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear GEMS experts:

I use GEMS 1.3 with Simics 2.2.19. I compiled ruby
(MOSI_SMP_bcast) and started simics with its
ready-to-run
configuration (enterprise-4p.simics,
enterprise3-rh73.craff). I
want to simulate 4-processor SMP in simics with ruby
module. But
after setting the required parameters as following,

instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
istc-disable
dstc-disable
cpu-switch-time 1
load-module ruby
ruby0.setparam g_NUM_PROCESSORS 4
ruby0.setparam g_MEMORY_SIZE_BYTES 4294967296

and initializing ruby module:
ruby0.init

then starting simulation, I got following error:

simics> c
Exception in hap handler: Non-existent x86 Register
Exception in hap handler
[cpu0] Pending interrupt, vector 0x39
Setting new inspection cpu: cpu0
simics>
Exception in hap handler: Non-existent x86 Register
Exception in hap handler
[cpu2] Pending interrupt, vector 0xef
Setting new inspection cpu: cpu2
simics>
Exception in hap handler: Non-existent x86 Register
Exception in hap handler
[cpu2] cs:0xc0108ced p:0x00108ced  iretd
simics>
Exception in hap handler: Non-existent x86 Register
Exception in hap handler
[cpu3] Pending interrupt, vector 0xef
Setting new inspection cpu: cpu3
simics>

Could anyone give me some tips? Really appreciate!

Dexiang Wang

adding
"site:https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/gems-users/"
to your search.