Re: [Gems-users] Simics + Ruby slowdown

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 16:59:41 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Simics + Ruby slowdown
Hi Dave. Thank you very much for the question in your reply . Well,
actually Ruby and Simulated Machine (that is, Simics parameter) had
two different memory size. Now I am running a new simulation with the
same memory sizes of  Ruby and Simulated Machine by Simics, but
simulation is still slow.
What do you suggest? Should I do simulations with little Ruby memory
size or big Ruby memory size?

I also noticed that I compiled Ruby with no optimizations and with
debug options. Could this fact make simulations so slow?

Sorry to be a nuisance.
Thank you again very much.