[Gems-users] Ruby debugging and assert failure

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:25:33 +0200
From: "Daniele Bordes" <daniele.bordes@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby debugging and assert failure
Hi all. I'm trying to debug ruby by using gdb debugger with
tester.exec; I run the tester passing the following little trace file
to it :

1 0x400 0 LD
2 0x500 0 LD
3 0x600 0 LD
4 0x700 0 ST
1 0x800 0 LD
2 0x900 0 LD
3 0x400 0 ST
4 0x500 0 LD
2 0x600 0 LD
3 0x700 0 ST
4 0x800 0 LD

As ruby configuration, I use MOESI_CMP_NUCA as protocol and "Network
File Specified" as Network topology.

The problem is that in the function TraceRecord::issueRequest(), the
function call
"g_eventQueue_ptr->triggerEvents(g_eventQueue_ptr->getTime() + 100)"
causes the assert failure  "assert(NULL != m_predictor_ptr)" in the
following function:

NUCAMovementRequest GenericNUCAPredictor::getNUCARequest(const
NUCAPotentialMoveMsg& infoMsg)
{
assert(NULL != m_predictor_ptr);
return m_predictor_ptr->getNUCARequest(infoMsg);
}

Please, could someone explain me what is wrong?
Sorry to be a nuisance.
Thank you very much.