Re: [Gems-users] Simics getting shaky, after changine cache associativity.

Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:01:02 -0500
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Simics getting shaky, after changine cache associativity.
When Simics "gets shaky", it is indeed often due to a segfault in Ruby. However I use 16-way associative caches all the time with no problems.

I recommend reproducing this problem with the random tester, if possible, because it is easy to attach a debugger and get a stack trace.

--Mike

Ahn, Min Seon wrote:

Hi there,

I got a very strange problem in GEMS. Whenever I changed the cache
associativity to more than 4, for example, 8 and 16, Simics getting shaky. I
think there is kind of a segmentation fault, a null pointer error probably
somewhere in CacheMemory.h file. Is there anybody who suffered from this
problem or knows the reason why it occurrs?

Thank you.