[Gems-users] L1,L2 state change

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] L1,L2 state change
When running in a CMP configuration. Is it possible to use a single controller for both L1 and L2 ?

The reason I require this, is that in my protocol, I require to make a state change for a cache block in the L1 and the L2 appear atomic without any intervening memory operations. Hence I need one machine to change state of both L1 and L2, and make it happen instantaneously. The L2 is shared in my configuration. Are there any alternative solutions to this ?
I wouldnt want to use a schedule_event on the L2's in port since another memory operation could arrive at the same instant and these two could get reordered in the global event queue.