Re: [Gems-users] Trouble with MOESI_CMP_NUCA

Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 18:03:38 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Trouble with MOESI_CMP_NUCA
That's right I did put an assertion there.  Good so you have
COLLECTOR_HANDLES_OFF_CHIP_REQUESTS set to true.

Well on a second, closer look at your debug output, I'm afraid this may be
a more complicated problem.  The problem is that the L1_GETS and
PERSISTENT_GETS requests are not being received by all L2 Caches.  This
leads me to believe that the network is clogged or something really weird
is happening in the L2 cache mapping functions.  This is really confusing
because the protocol works fine when I run it.

I'm going to need more debugging information.  Please do the following:

- In the action "s_sendSecondPhaseRequest" in the file
MOESI_CMP_NUCA-col.sm add the following two lines:

        out_msg.Destination := in_msg.RequestDest;
        out_msg.RequestsPerRound := out_msg.Destination.count();
        DEBUG_EXPR(out_msg.Destination);       // <-add line
	DEBUG_EXPR(out_msg.RequestsPerRound);  // <-add line
        out_msg.RetryNum := in_msg.RetryNum;
        out_msg.MessageSize := in_msg.MessageSize;

- Then in simics run the following two commands before the 'c' command

ruby0.debug-verb high
ruby0.debug-filter l

- Send me the debug output for this transition:

314527   0   3  Collector        Issue_L2_Get  Col_P>Col_P
[0x30a840, line 0x30a840]

Brad