[Gems-users] Ruby Module

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: arrvindh shriraman <arrvindh_shriraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] Ruby Module
Hi,

My understanding of Ruby is that it's only simulates
on the timing and SIMICS takes care of the
functonality. IF that's right, then I also understand
that SIMICS maintains only one copy of the memory
image.

So have I understood this the right way. Does Ruby
emulate the functionality of caches at all ? (ie. does
it actually ever maintain data that seem to exsist in
caches).

If not how can I emulate caches and perform timing, .
I want to simulate Hardware Transactional Memory for
the class project. So basically I need to maintain
speculative reads/writes in caches without reflecting
back to memory image until commit point.

(Sorry for the last round of whole bunch of emails). I
am basically getting started on implementation and
wanted to get concepts straightened out.
Thanks,

Arrvindh Shriraman
Conputer Science Department
University of Rochester