[Gems-users] about SLICC and Message Buffers

Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:27:20 -0500
From: Nauman Rafique <nrafique@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Gems-users] about SLICC and Message Buffers
I am looking at the SLICC protocol specification.
I found that the message buffers are declared like this:
 MessageBuffer responseFromDir, network="To", virtual_network="3",
ordered="false";  // Dir -> mod-L2 bank
Is this format strict i.e. mesage buffers can only be used to communicate
to/from network (or they can be used to communicate with other objects too)?
Moreover, as MessageBuffer is an external type, can we call the methods on it
(the ones that are declared in MessageBuffer.h).

Thanks
--
Nauman