Re: [Gems-users] ruby config parameters

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:05:41 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] ruby config parameters
> Please can you help me, I need to run my simulastions as soon as possible.
> Thanks,

As graduate students, we simply do not have the time or resources to
answer every question.  I encourage you to look at the source-code as we
never intended GEMS to be a user application.

> Quoting yilmazer@xxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am a little bit confused about ruby config parameters. Can you make it
> > clear
> > for me, please? Are the latencies below in cyles or in ns?

cycles

> > NULL_LATENCY: 1
> > ISSUE_LATENCY: 2
> > CACHE_RESPONSE_LATENCY: 12
> > L1_RESPONSE_LATENCY: 3
> > L2_RESPONSE_LATENCY: 6
> > MEMORY_RESPONSE_LATENCY_MINUS_2: 78
> > DIRECTORY_LATENCY: 80
> > NETWORK_LINK_LATENCY: 40
> > COPY_HEAD_LATENCY: 4
> > ON_CHIP_LINK_LATENCY: 1
> > RECYCLE_LATENCY: 10
> > L2_RECYCLE_LATENCY: 5
> > TIMER_LATENCY: 10000
> > TBE_RESPONSE_LATENCY: 1
> > PERIODIC_TIMER_WAKEUPS: true

Parameters used in various areas.  Some protocols use these parameters,
some don't.  Others are used in Ruby components.  Please grep through the
source-code and SLICC specification files.

> > And, are there any parameters to set number of ports for L1 and L2 caches?

Not exactly.  We approximate the number of ports by limiting the number of
transitions that can occur per cycle via the NUMBER_OF_L1_TBES and
NUMBER_OF_L2_TBES

--Mike