[DynInst_API:] Research staff positions at UW-Madison (Dyninst related)

Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 12:57:19 -0500
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Research staff positions at UW-Madison (Dyninst related)
A follow up notice, that we have one and soon two open staff positions. Here's
your chance to work on a highly visible research project.

NOTE TO FOREIGN APPLICANTS: As a university, we can sponsor you for an H1-B
work visa, not subject to visa cap limits that companies have. The university
takes care of the application fees and paperwork.

The Paradyn project at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is looking for one
(and possibly two) new staff Researchers to work on our binary code analysis
and instrumentation instrumentation project. The positions are centered around
our Dyninst suite of tools.

We continue to push the frontiers of cool new binary code technologies, with
applications in debugging, performance, software security, cyber forensics,
and many other areas. Our tools are widely used in academic, government
and industry, with great project partners in all these sectors.

As a member of our research team, you would work on new binary instrumentation
technologies, devise new automated testing strategies, help port our
instrumentation tools to new architectures, act as liaison for our collaborative
efforts, and help take a leadership role on the project.

We are also starting a new effort as part of the DOE Exascale Computing Program
to support tools on those platforms.

Official job postings will be appearing soon.  In the meantime, you can send
me email.

We have a great work environment and Madison is an excellent city in which to
live, always at or near the top of many of the "Best Cities for X" lists.

Please pass this notice along to anyone that you think is qualified and might
be interested.  Questions about this position can be directed to me.

Thanks!

--bart