[DynInst_API:] Including arbitrary x86 instructions at snippets

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 00:02:30 -0400
From: Buddhika Chamith Kahawitage Don <budkahaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Including arbitrary x86 instructions at snippets
Hi All,

I am considering use Dyninst binary rewriting mode to implement a Control Flow Integrity prototype (as mostly described at [1]). For that I need to add validation checks around indirect control flow. I wanted to check if BPatch API is expressive enough to create snippets with arbitrary x86 instructions (for example at the validation check I may need to include aÂprefetchnta instruction).

Regards
Buddhika