[DynInst_API:] instrumenting single instructions while running a program

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 14:42:53 +0100
From: Marc <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] instrumenting single instructions while running a program
Hello,

I have been playing around with dyninst a bit, however compared to PIN
and DynamoRIO it looks so much more complex that it seriously confuses me :)

I am mostly interested in instrumenting programs while a program is
running - on single instructions when live-examining basic blocks.
(basically PIN's INS_AddInstrumentFunction() with INS_InsertCall(ins,
IPOINT_BEFORE, (AFUNPTR) myfunction, ...) functionality).

What is the equivalent for dyninst?
And what would be a good example source code which works similar?

And finally - a simple example code that does counting executed
instructions would be helpful. I searched all over the Internet and
could not find one.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Marc