[DynInst_API:] Calendar reminder: 2018 Scalable Tools Workshop

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:04:05 -0600
From: Barton Miller <bart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Calendar reminder: 2018 Scalable Tools Workshop
Hi all.  Just another calendar reminder about the 2018 Scalable Tools Workshop.

It will be JULY 8-12, 2018 at the Solitude Mountain Resort just outside of
Salt Lake City. This is a beautiful location and should be a nice facility to
host the meeting. In addition, SLC airport is well connected, and only 40
minutes from the terminal to Solitude.

We just got back from Solitude and were reminded how beautiful it is.  Check
out http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~bart/2018-01-Solitude.jpg (of course, there will
be less snow in July!).

There will be a few administrative changes from the recent years, which will
be fully explained when we distributed the formal workshop announcement. As a
quick summary:

* UW-Madison will handle the registration and payment directly.

* If you book 60 or more days in advance, you will guarantee a room. You will
  book directly on our Workshop website. You'll make one payment for room, food,
  and meeting.

* If you book between 30-60 days, you will reserve the room directly with
  Solitude. If they have rooms at the Inn available, you'll get the same rate.
  If these rooms are not available, you'll need to either book a slightly
  more expensive room or condo (which are very nice). You'll also need to
  register for the meeting and meals on the UW site.

* Registration less than 30 days out will need to be handled on a case by
  case basis.

Rates are just a bit higher than this past year, $898 per person (double
occupancy) or $1126 per person (single), including all meeting costs, 4
nights hotel room, social hours, and all meal costs (breakfast, lunch and
dinner).  Condos will be available for about $100 more.  Guests can
attend for $487 (this requires the workshop attendee to register for single
occupancy).

The schedule will be the same as this past year, with a Sunday arrival and
an after lunch departure on Thursday.

Please mark this on your calendars and we hope to see you there next year.

If you have any colleagues that should be added to our mailing list, please let
us know.

best,

--bart miller
  john mellor-crummey