[DynInst_API:] measuring execution time

Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 18:58:49 +0200
From: Enrico Calore <enrico.calore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] measuring execution time
Hi all,
I am a new Dyninst user and I would like to use this tool to implement a
simple custom "profiler".

I succeeded to implement some simple examples such us counting how many
time a function get called, but now I am wondering about which should be
the best way to measure a function execution time and the time-stamp at
which a function get called.

Do you have any suggestions?
Also any examples, tutorial or documentation about this would be kindly
appreciated.

I guess it should be quite a common request so I would like to avoid to
reinvent the wheel, in particular because I may end up with a square one.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Enrico