[DynInst_API:] Directly reassemble and patch instructions

Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 17:08:53 +0000
From: Mohamed Elsabagh <melsabag@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Directly reassemble and patch instructions
Hello,Â

Is there a way to directly modify the target of a branch without manually assembling the instruction? I don't want to insert trampolines or relocate the code; only modify the target of a specific call/branch instruction. I am currently doing that by manually re-assembling the instruction, then patch the binary directly via patchData() from SymtabAPI. However, that is error prone and there are many cases to handle. I am wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks.