[DynInst_API:] Profiling OS/kernel code using DynInst

Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 16:54:51 +0000
From: Rakesh Kumar <rkumar2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] Profiling OS/kernel code using DynInst
Hi,

I wanted to know if DynInst can be used to profile/instrument OS/kernel code in additional to the user level code. What I want to do is get some statistics, say hottest basic blocks, for an application but not only for user level code but also for OS/kernel code included.

I know PIN can instrument only user level code. But I was curious if DynInst can instrument OS/Kernel code or not. If it cannot can somebody suggest any other tool that can.

Thanks,
Rakesh

PS: I tried searching the answer in archives unsuccessfully.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.