[DynInst_API:] ABI check from v8.0 to v8.0.x branch

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:27:52 -0800
From: Josh Stone <jistone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] ABI check from v8.0 to v8.0.x branch
Hi,

When maintaining a bugfix branch for a library, I feel it's a good idea
to occasionally verify that ABI and API have been maintained.  There's a
tool shipped with Fedora called abi-compliance-checker which makes this
pretty easy to compare.  I've attached two configuration xml and a
report from running this tool against v8.0 and v8.0.x commit 4f41c4b.

As you can see, there are some changes, but now it's up to humans to
decide if those are real issues.  I mentioned this informally to Drew
earlier, and he said that thought the changes were in parts that were
totally broken before (so changing them is not worrying).

So I hope this report is useful to double-check that.  If the current
ABI changes are all deemed acceptable, then we can start from the same
commit as a baseline for future reports.

Thanks,
Josh