Re: [DynInst_API:] Removed createInstPointAtAddr

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:58:55 -0500
From: Andrew Bernat <bernat@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Removed createInstPointAtAddr
On Apr 28, 2012, at 6:27 PM, Josh Stone wrote:

OK, let's figure that out at least, rather than silently not working.

That turns out to be another very complicated problem. Great.

We use BPatch_points to identify locations in the binary for several reasons, including instrumentation. Hence you should always be able to do a lookup. And we don't have a good way to return an error if you try to instrument using one.

Let me talk with the other staff about what we want to do.

Drew