[DynInst_API:] DepGraphAPI status

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:07:51 -0500
From: Luke Dalessandro <luked@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DynInst_API:] DepGraphAPI status
Hi Everyone,

I am doing a quick research project where I would like to do a bit of static analysis on, and add some instrumentation to, a binary generated by an experimental version of icc. The DyninstAPI infrastructure, and the associated DepGraphAPI layer, seem like the best candidates for my task.

I noticed that DepGraphAPI isn't part of the binary release of DyninstAPI. I can compile it manually with some changes to the include paths in its makefiles and some tweaks to the source to account for my version of gcc.

Is there any reason to be concerned about DepGraphAPI? Is there a more recent version of it that is preferred?

Thanks,
Luke