Re: [DynInst_API:] Stack protection error on ubuntu

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:25:37 +0530 (IST)
From: alok singh <alok_shishir@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DynInst_API:] Stack protection error on ubuntu
Have you exported the necessary environment variables for specifying the necessary libraries (like DYNINSTAPI_RT_LIB)? I haven't used Dyninst for a while so I don't remember the exact names of the variables but you can check the documentation/README for that. Since for you second problem it's complaining about the runtime library, you can try preloading the libdyninstAPI_RT.so by exporting LD_PRELOAD=/home/dyninst/dyninstAPI/src/i386-unknown-linux2.4/lib/libdyninstAPI_RT.so.1 and also exporting the path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Also I think it will be useful for people on mailing list if you could attach the program which is making calls to Dyninst functions.

Alok