HTC Squid proxy issue resolved; No office hours next Tuesday (3/15)

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 23:11:11 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HTC Squid proxy issue resolved; No office hours next Tuesday (3/15)

Greetings CHTC Users,

Squid Proxy Issue Resolved

We have resolved the Squid proxy issue that was causing jobs to be held with the following error code:

Error from <SLOTNAME>: FILETRANSFER:1:non-zero exit (1) from /usr/libexec/condor/curl_plugin. Error: Aborted due to lack of progress using http_proxy=http://squid-cs-b240.chtc.wisc.edu:3128 (http://proxy.chtc.wisc.edu/SQUID/chtc/R361.tar.gz)

If your jobs have gone on hold with this error code, you can now release them (just one time) to re-enter the queue using the following command:

$ condor_release -constraint 'HoldReasonCode == 12 && HoldReasonSubCode == 256'

If you have jobs held for this reason after today, or have any other issues transferring files from /squid, do not hesitate to reach out to the Research Computing Facilitators by emailing chtc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

No Office Hours on Tuesday

Since CHTC staff will be attending a conference next week, office hours on Tuesday (3/15) are canceled. We will still be available by email at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx but response times may be longer than usual.

Happy computing!

Your CHTC Team