HPC Cluster Outage this Thursday (2/17)

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 23:03:59 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: HPC Cluster Outage this Thursday (2/17)

Greetings CHTC Users,

Due to maintenance for the cooling infrastructure in one of CHTCâs server rooms, we will have a scheduled HPC cluster outage this Thursday (2/17).

The HPC cluster, including execute nodes, head nodes, and filesystem, will be down starting at 6:00am on Thursday (2/17) with services expected to be restored by the end of the day. Only the HPC cluster should be impacted due to this outage; we do not expect it to impact our HTC system.

The HPC cluster is configured to not start new jobs that will not complete before the start of the scheduled downtime. Already-running jobs that do not complete by Thursday morning will be interrupted and re-queued once systems are operational. Users may want to remove any jobs that will be negatively impacted by this process.

As always, email us at chtc@xxxxxxxxxxx with any questions.

Regards,

Your CHTC Team