Access to HTC Submit Servers Restored; HTC and HPC Outage Update

Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 22:40:38 +0000
From: chtc-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Access to HTC Submit Servers Restored; HTC and HPC Outage Update

Greetings CHTC users,

Service has been restored to our HTC submit servers (submit2.chtc.wisc.edu and submit3.chtc.wisc.edu) after the outage that began on Thursday, November 18th.

For users of these systems, we strongly recommend reviewing remaining jobs in the queue and jobs that have completed (both before and after the outage). As a reminder, incomplete jobs will have remained in the queue, and have already begun matching and running again.

Given complications during the outage that began on Thursday, the HPC cluster and downed portion of the HTC execute servers will remain down at least until tomorrow, to ensure that we can bring them up with stable cooling. We will provide an update on the status of the HPC cluster and HTC execute servers tomorrow, November 23rd.

Best,

Your CHTC team